Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Collaboration: Nichols/Twedt


We've been talking about this for the better part of a year, but we actually got serious about it last weekend. Kimberly and I are doing a collaboration with our art. She will provide a dozen of her staged portraits and I will respond to them with overlays of my digital imagery. Once twelve pieces have been agreed upon, we'll have them printed on backlit film and installed in custom made lightboxes. We're looking for a gallery in the LA area, so if any of you have suggestions, let us know. Here's a sample piece that I sent to Kimberly to see, if this is what she was thinking about. It's just one of six images I sent and her response was quite positive. So, stay tuned and I'll keep you posted on the progress of the collaboration.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dad - it's Stace. Love your pieces - the crystal and the collaboration with Nichols are especially nice. Our friend, Billy Griffen has a great gallery in Santa Monica / La - see http://www.griffinla.com/ - James Turrell is one of his artists.

    Love you,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, I am very facinated with your squiggle collection and what you and Kimberely will be doing with lightboxes. What is squiggles, how is it created, in what medium? To refresh your memory of me, I am Lisa and Kimberley's friend. We meet at Cris and Phillip's show a few weeks back. Anyaway, check out my blog at zangart.blogspot.com. I have a collection of photos called borrego in plein view that I thought might be showcased well in lightboxes. Interested to see what you think. Keep creating your amazing work!!! Maria Zang

    ReplyDelete