Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Public Art Blog

Here's a link to a blog that I created for my position as Public Arts Manager for the City of Palm Desert.  It has some interesting videos of public art in other cities and institutions, for instance, the Getty and the Stuart Collection on the UC San Diego's campus.  In April, my staff and I took the members of the Art in Public Places Commission to visit the incredible collection.  Some of my favorite public art pieces are in the Stuart Collection, like Robert Irwin's blue fence and Terry Allen's talking trees, visit the blog at:
We have just updated our website with an all new design and navigation system.  It has links to our public art collection of over 140 pieces, other public art collections, museums, interactive Internet art sites, the Virtual Gallery and online artist registry that contains 300 + public artist's websites and much more.  I would like to invite you to visit it at http://www.palm-desert.org/arts-culture/public-art


No comments:

Post a Comment